Key from the cemetery is available upon request. Please contact Mr. František Prusák, telephone number: +421 54 472 36 90, address: Tisinec nr.12.
Cemetery is located on the slope of the hill on the left side of the road leading to Tisinec in the direction of Stropkov. Field path leads directly to the cemetery gate. This burial compound was used by the Stropkov Jewish community until 1892, when new cemetery was established directly in Stropkov. Gravestones with legible inscriptions date back to the half of the 18th century. In newly built ohel grave of Rabbi Chaim Yosef Gottlieb (1790–1867) known as the Stropkover Rav is located. His grave is commonly visited by his relatives and pilgrims from all over the world. Cemetery is well maintained already for several years thanks to the New York based Committee for Preservation of Tisinec/Stropkov Cemeteries which cooperates with locals. Thanks to this initiative cemetery was fenced, mowed and cleaned from the heavy vegetation and all 1002 gravestones were numbered and re-erected. Typically for traditional Hassidic community all inscriptions are in Hebrew and many outstanding symbols decorate gravestones. Apart from traditional ones like blessing hands of Kohanim, Levit’s jar, star of David and various types of candlesticks, others like unicorn, deer, lions with crowns, smiling half of the moon, pelican and two headed bird can be found. Gravestones were usually carved to sandstone, limestone, occasionally marble or granite.