The oldest Jewish cemetery in Prešov was established in 1827 on a lot 48x58 m large. To commemorate the family of Mark Höllander, the first Jew who settled in Prešov, a huge obelisk was erected in the middle of the cemetery. The last person who was buried here in 1887 was his descendant Leo Höllander. There are several remarkable gravestones located on this cemetery. For the older sandstone ones, an ornamental decoration which is enriched by an animal motif of a lion or bird is typical. Other gravestones made from granite or marble have inscriptions both in Hebrew and German.